The BCSG Society Vision
Communities across BC are transformed by the inspirational lifestyles of 55+ BC Games participants.
The mission of the BC Seniors Games Society is to improve the health, lifestyle and image of British Columbia’s 55+ population.
We do this by:
- Organizing the annual 55+ BC Games as an opportunity for the 55+ population of BC to participate in physical and social activities.
- Promoting community awareness of the contemporary image of the 55+ population as physically active and socially engaged.
- Encouraging year round participation at the zone level.
By defining the unique needs of this participant group, our organization serves as a bridge between the 55+ population and provincial and local organizations and recreation departments.
The BC Seniors Games Society is committed to and will actively promote the following fundamental values.
The Values that Drive What We Do:
- We champion the idea of life-long activity and friendly competition.
- We celebrate British Columbians who are 55+ as valuable role models
- We believe in the health and social benefits of participation.
The Values That Guide How We Operate:
- We model the principles of openness, honesty and democracy in the governance of our Society.
- We work on the basis of trust and mutual support
- We act ethically in everything we do
- We value volunteers highly and honor all contributions
- We believe in the team effort.