Benefits of Becoming a Member of the Society
Along with the opportunity to participate in the 55+ BC Games each year, members of the BC Seniors Games Society enjoy the following benefits and discounts from the zones and our Corporate Sponsors.
The BC Seniors Games Society, is a volunteer membership driven organization and needs 600+ volunteers in the 12 zones throughout the province to register and assist participants for the annual 55+ BC Games.
Membership is $20.00 and you do not need to be 55 years of age to become a member of the Society.
We are looking for members and volunteers who wish to be actively involved at the Zone level, to assist the Society in registering participants and supporters for the 55+ BC Games, for the benefit of the 55+ population of BC, and showcasing this age group as, living an active healthy lifestyle. Contact us if you would like to join us as a volunteer.
Benefits at the Zone Level
- Equipment Replacement: Your local sports club, association or seniors group has the opportunity to apply for the replacement of equipment. The degree of funding is tied to the number of members in the BC Seniors Games Society. The higher the number of members, the higher the amount of funding for equipment from the zone.
- Venue Costs: The zone may cover the expenses incurred in renting facilities and supplying equipment for zone playdowns and/or registration.
- Social Functions and Zone Meetings: Members are eligible to attend all the social functions and monthly meetings of the zone.
- Games Participation: Members are automatically eligible to participate in zone playdowns. When playdowns are not necessary they may register to attend the Games as a participant or a supporter.
- Sports Fees: In the case of participants who pay additional sports fees, some or the entire amount may be refunded, depending on the policy set by each zone. Participants in those sports who are not being refunded for additional sports fees, may be refunded a portion of the cost of participating, prior to the Games, in their chosen sport at the community level, depending on the policy set by each zone.
- Accommodation: Some zones are able to assist participants in part or all of the costs for attending the Games from local donations and fund raising.