The BC Seniors Games Society, is a volunteer membership driven organization and needs 600+ volunteers to produce the annual 55+ BC Games.
Benefits of Becoming a Member of the Society
Along with the opportunity to participate in the 55+ BC Games each year, members of the British Columbia Seniors Games Society enjoy the following benefits and discounts from our partners and supporters. Please remember to thank the businesses and individuals who support us!
Membership is $20.00 and you do not need to be 55 years of age to become a member of the Society, but only the 55+ members have the voting privileges at the yearly Annual General Meeting.
We are looking for members and volunteers who wish to be actively involved at the Zone level, to assist the Society in producing the 55+ BC Games, for the benefit of the 55+ population of BC, and showcasing this age group as, living an active healthy lifestyle. Contact us if you would like to join us as a volunteer.
Members can save up to 30% on car rentals in Canada and the US. Go to www.avis.ca. Fill out your personal information as requested and under Optional Information use Discount Code W850018.
As a member of the 55+ BC Games you are entitled to attend the Canada 55+ Games at a reduced registration fee. Check out their website at www.canada55plusgames.com.
WestJet is happy to confirm that for the Vernon & Area 2017 55+ BC Games we are offering 10% discount off the base fare for travel into and out of Kelowna to anywhere WestJet flies in North America. To take advantage of this offer you will need the discount codes below. Please use the promo and coupon codes if booking with a travel agent. Travel dates covered from September 6, 2017 to September 23, 2017.
Coupon Code (web coupon no.) F1NKKQN
Travel Agent Use Only (promo code) YLW01
Receive the BC Seniors Games Society Newsletter.
Benefits at the Zone Level
- Equipment Replacement: Your local sports club, association or seniors group has the opportunity to apply for the replacement of equipment. The degree of funding is tied to the number of members in the BC Seniors Games Society. The higher the number of members, the higher the amount of funding for equipment from the zone.
- Venue Costs: The zone may cover the expenses incurred in renting facilities and supplying equipment for playdowns and/or registration.
- Social Functions and Zone Meetings: Members are eligible to attend all the social functions and monthly meetings of the zone.
- Games Participation: Members are automatically eligible to participate in playdowns. When playdowns are not necessary they may register to attend the Games as a participant or a non-participant.
- Sports Fees: In the case of participants who pay additional sports fees, some or the entire amount maybe refunded. Participants in those sports who are not being refunded for additional sports fees, may be refunded a portion of the cost of participating, prior to the Games, in their chosen sport at the community level.
- Accommodation: Some zones are able to assist participants in part or all of the costs for attending the Games from local donations and fund raising.